From the Washington Post:
Check out this video on a robot run bike garage. I finally saw WALL-E this weekend. Truely fabulous, the fat, lazy humans lulled into a consumerist stupor, while the planet is destroyed. Will technology really help keep this planet livable? How much electricity does this robot garage use? I hope its solar powered. Anyway it is a step in the right direction.
In case you are wondering where I’ve been and where I’m going:
I spent the evening in the company of a wonderful crowd. One of whom put together a lovely video of the countdown to the moment and the joy that spilled out onto the streets of New York City, carrying us all on an amazing wave of joy, euphoria, relief, amazement and bliss. Wow! I’m still afraid I might wake up.
Even more amazing was that the group that evening was not just made up of Americans, but other nationalities present included Dutch, Greek, Brazilian, Italian, German, Bangladeshi and Turkey.
And I just found another video of our time on St. Mark’s! The Star Spangled banner ala NYC:
- The polls may be wrong. This is an unprecedented election. No one knows how racism may affect what voters tell pollsters—or what they do in the voting booth. And the polls are narrowing anyway. In the last few days, John McCain has gained ground in most national polls, as his campaign has gone even more negative.
- Dirty tricks. Republicans are already illegally purging voters from the rolls in some states. They’re whipping up hysteria over ACORN to justify more challenges to new voters. Misleading flyers about the voting process have started appearing in black neighborhoods. And of course, many counties still use unsecure voting machines.
- October surprise. In politics, 15 days is a long time. The next McCain smear could dominate the news for a week. There could be a crisis with Iran, or Bin Laden could release another tape, or worse.
- Those who forget history… In 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote after trailing by seven points in the final days of the race. In 1980, Reagan was eight points down in the polls in late October and came back to win. Races can shift—fast!
- Landslide. Even with Barack Obama in the White House, passing universal health care and a new clean-energy policy is going to be hard. Insurance, drug and oil companies will fight us every step of the way. We need the kind of landslide that will give Barack a huge mandate.
If you agree that we shouldn’t rest easy, please sign up to volunteer at your local Obama office.
I think Republicans are using Palin to undermine the long, hard (and unfinished) project of female empowerment and pull the plank right out from under us.
According to IPS:
ACORN has also ironically pointed out that despite his accusations of ties to Obama, it was McCain who “stood shoulder-to-shoulder” with ACORN at an immigration reform rally co-sponsored by the group in February 2006.
…but according to Republicans, Obama lacks judgment for his “affiliation” with ACORN.
The U.S. and world economy is teetering on the brink of destruction, based the financial and foreign policies of the current U.S. administration. But Obama is un-American.
McCain is worried about Joe the Plumber, who makes more than me and I have a college education!!! Oh but Joe isn’t even licensed and owes back taxes, plus he is registered to vote under a different name. Wow, glad to see the Republicans are really looking out for real people.
Colin Powell has the courage to stand up and endorse the right person for the presidency, across party lines, and he’s just doing it because he’s black. Well then I suppose every white person in this country who votes for McCain on November 4th, is only doing it cause he’s white!
But you know, as pissed as I was (and still am a little) at Powell for his complicity in the WMD lie, I have to give him credit for finally standing up and defending Muslim Americans. I mean seriously, as if it’s a crime to be Muslim. That it has been used as a way to smear Obama. What the f#ck?! I mean this country is on the brink of unraveling, come on people, where are your principles??? Where are the REAL American values of equality and diversity??